Saturday, May 12, 2012

Wired for sound...of the engine running.....

 There are times that I just can't type fast enough to keep up with the words spilling out of my head for the blog. Of course then a statement like that implies that there are other times as well. Times that there are things to say but when I put them on paper....well really not paper anymore these days, but rather when I put them on screen they seem uninspired. Or quiet.
So I do what any struggling author would do, I brew a pot of coffee look at the time and wonder why the hell I feel the burning desire to get up at 6am on my days off,I could be sleeping in!
But we're getting so close to a community road test I can taste it.

Last post I told you the alternator and regulator were back. So today by partner in bus therapy(Randy) came out and after a cup of Joe we set out to work. I started on exactly that, I re-installed the alternator and regulator.
 The alternator slipped back into place, but getting the belt back on was a bit of a challenge by yourself. But that's why the big mechanic in the sky invented pipe wrenches and tie down straps!
 While I worked away on the back end of Fillmore...(I'll spare you from the proctology references) Randy was fashioning a mounting bracket for the drivers seat.
 I ended up mounting the regulator on the passengers side of the engine compartment just to the right of the oil dip stick. Not because we need access, hopefully it never needs attention, but rather that's as far as the wiring harness let it go!
 After I had those mounted and routed the harness into the existing loom to the battery isolator, I finished the rear door latch mechanism.
Michelle was laughing at me, in my hand here is a spring from a baby walker that originally was owned by my grandparents, and used for my mother as a toddler. So this spring is likely older than Fillmore. I used this to keep tension on the latch mechanism, keeping the cables taught.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...