Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Creating!

 So yesterday I mentioned the removal of the 'tower' or 'ram air chute'. I'm sure to some of the purists this makes them a little qweezy but it had to be done. Here is what it looks like. Quite frankly it makes the engine room look HUGE!

The new rad is wider, taller and thicker than the old one so the tower just doesn't work. So out she came.


 When Shawn was here I asked him to look at the issue, as he always does he sees the problem and creates a solution. After some sketching he came back and said..."Ya you need a box and a triangle." Simple? yes,....but I was happy to have the basics laid down, a general concept for me to run with.
 So as the rest of the remaining crew went into the city for a lunch with the kids, I opted to stay put to cut and weld!


 A dry fit says that it's going to work....with a little wiggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...