Thursday, December 9, 2010

Nesting?

"Nesting brings about some unique and seemingly irrational behaviors in expectant women." As taken from a very reliable Internet source...but what about expectant men?
I guess it's not really nesting because my behavior is perfectly rational!....Just don't ask my wife.
 You may remember a post from a while back(October 8th I believe), I decided that I was going to take the opportunity that presented itself to upgrade the engine tranny combo that I am putting in Fillmore. I was able to track down a 1992 Monaco motor home with a C8.3 and Allison 4 speed tranny.
After much contemplation, measuring and re-measuring, nail biting, and a heavy dose of waffling, the day has finally arrived. Tomorrow the power-train shows up! At 4:30 to be precise. It's almost like a scheduled 'C'-section if we are going to follow the expectant father theme here.
I decided on the engine and transmission, then called back and said I was interested in the rear axle, then called back and said "of course I want the cooling system, only to be followed by a other call to make sure he sends all of the rear axle bracketing etc etc.
Finally the guys said "ENOUGH"....and he cut the whole ass end off the motor home and said "here take the whole damn thing!" Sooooooooo tomorrow I am having the whole back end of the motor home (which was simply cut off the remainder of the frame) delivered and hopefully set into the garage by a local company with a picker truck!
So it is perfectly logical for me to clear and clean my side of the garage for the new arrival!
Stay tuned....

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing how this woks out. I'm hoping to re-power my 47 Clipper next spring, and never thought about a 8.3. Living in the Black Hills, and traveling in the mountains quite a bit, the extra power would sure be welcome.

    Jeff
    grissop@rap.midco.net

    ReplyDelete

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...