Sunday, December 12, 2010

Where do we begin?

 Well, now we are safe and sound, covered, heated,dry....no more reasons to procrastinate.

 Now begins the job of separating the wheat from the chaff. There is a lot of wiring on this bad boy that was needed for it's former application, but won't be needed here. I'm going to start by simply removing some of the obvious parts that need to be saved and stored. Then a general identification and clean up.
 Now I don't know the full history of the '92 Motor home that this engine came from, but I'm thinking this can't be all good...
 After some basic clean up, things are looking a little more clear, there's the Cummins I recognize!
It's hard to envision at this point and from this angle that this is going to fit into THAT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...