Wednesday, December 22, 2010

one step forward...TWO steps back

 Sound familiar?....yup it happened again!

 Today we finally got everything cleaned off the engine/tranny combo. All the extra wires and buggered pipes and tubes, ready to lift the combo out of the frame. Everything was going swimmingly....but then....

 I think I was so eager to get this lifted, I overlooked a MAJOR detail!
 Ed (the friend who lent me his hoist) if you are reading this I am sorry. I will fix it but I will also offer to buy you a replacement......crap!
we were lifting engine, I had it pretty much out of the frame and I heard a funny sound from the lift. I looked at it and realized it was the crackling of the paint. The boom was bending.
 In my 'rush' I failed to double check where the boom length was. half, full, one and a half and then two ton settings. I had it on 1 ton....it should have been one and a half or two tons to be safe.
As you can see....
 After a little heat...a 10 foot 'persuasion' bar... a bench vise and an angle grinder...

 We were off to the races, in the end(sparing you some whacked out physics) we needed to weld the top back into place.
 All was good until....I ran out of wire from my self feed spool...CRAPOLA!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...