Friday, December 10, 2010

OMG!

The day has come!  Today I spent in a continuing education course discussing implants don't get to excited they were dental implants. Mike from Calgary Cranes was picking up the new power plant and delivering it to the house @ 4:30. So I left the meeting and high tailed it home as soon as I could. And a good thing I did!
As I was zipping home down the west Bragg Creek road I saw this truck out of the corner of my eye, it had turned down a secondary road. Thankfully I recognized the payload. I quickly caught up to him and told him to follow me, otherwise this may not have happened today!
Mike backed up his rig into the driveway, I kept an eye on his back so as to not back up into Fillmore's shed. Jeff waved at him when the crane was lined up with the garage door.
It seemed kind of magical at one point, this two tonne block of steel seemingly hovering in the air.
We decided to put the tires on and then simply wheel it into place! Sounds easy...well it wasn't. But Mike 'the crane guy' was good and he made it seem easy.

Soon enough there it was safe and sound....and big...man I have a lot of work to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...