Sunday, December 26, 2010

"If you don't need it cut it off..."

 You know the title of this is kind of funny....and yet not. I've had two people say this with very different intentions. Most recently my brother who is here for Christmas and is helping with the bus. My Dad and I were trying to figure out the best way to safely remove the engine/tranny from the frame of the donor. Shawn came out and said.." Spend 20 min to save you an hour of headache!...Do you need the frame? If you don't need it, cut it off. "-he was right

A couple of years ago after our second child.....my wife said the same thing to me...



 But seriously...Here we are just over a week ago getting ready for the work to begin.

 This is me after Shawn' inspirational 'cut it off' speech

 This is what ended up in the trash can. Well truth be known this is only half of the chaff we took off the frame.

 Here is what we have now. The engine and tranny on blocks, the diff is still in the lower frame. I may need to get someone with an acetylene torch to help finish things off here.

 
But, for Christmas....I gave my wife the present she wanted....to park in the garage.

Even if it was only for two nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...