Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas to all!!

 Well today was just a great day...busy as all blankety blank but it was a great day. Got up early, drank coffee while we watched the kids go crazy under the tree, and then prepared for the onslaught of 24 people for Christmas dinner! Just so you know we all made it out alive. Funny thing when you have that many for a sit down dinner, when they leave...and you are just left with your 9 house guests (and 1 extra dog), it seems really quiet!

These pics are actually from yesterday (DEC 24th) I had promised Michelle that I would refrain from any bus work on Christmas day. And although I did look longingly at it...I was true to my word!

 Yesterday was a very good progress day. What ever ground we had lost in the mishaps of the previous days, we were back on track. Dad had gotten a 12lb spool of welding wire while we were skiing the previous day, so we were good to go!
 Shawn's creative design resulted in an engine hoist that will likely lift the bus itself!...(not)

 Here we are all welded up and ready to go....nervous?....Damn right I was!
 But all that was for not, the hoist worked like a charm, lifted her up. Swung her around...
I felt like I should have had cigars and scotch on hand. I tip my hat to my proud work crew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...