Saturday, December 18, 2010

Getting ready for company.

 It's Christmas time in the city....and in the country!
I knew this weekend would be a very little progress on the bus kind of weekend. We have a mitt full of family coming for Christmas this coming Monday. So of course that means we are madly cleaning the house, trying to make it look like Martha Stewart got some of her ideas from us. There was a lull in activity this afternoon, shortly after we got the tree, cleared the end of the driveway and then helped Jeff build a snow fort. So what better time than to "clean house" for Fillmore too!

 With the new donor axle in the garage it was high time to move the old one out. Of course when we pulled it from Fillmore we thought "We'll jut put it here for now...until the new one comes next week"
Ha! little did I realize.
So after chipping away at the snow pack and ice to get some chains around it, Jeff and I lifted it up and then backed my heavy duty utility trailer underneath.
It's likely exceeding the max payload limits on this bad boy....It's a damn good thing I am secure in my masculinity because when I show up anywhere with this trailer guys snicker and say words like " it's so cute"
I don't think I'll be using this trailer to get her out on the highway, we'd blow a tire faster than a....ahh never mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...